Concerned about asbestos? Please see the sidebar for information on sampling and submission.
The Codes of Practice include, but are not limited to:
- The classifications of asbestos
- Health effects associated with with exposure to asbestos
- Asbestos abatement methods
- Asbestos abatement procedures
- Asbestos analysis
- Proper personal protective equipment for a given scenario¹
For more information on Northwest Territories & Nunavut asbestos regulations, and to get a more comprehensive list of procedures, please visit Northwest Territories & Nunavut Legal Requirements.
¹Asbestos Abatement. Codes of Practice. Worker’s Safety and Compensation Commission (September 2018). https://www.wscc.nt.ca/sites/default/files/documents/Asbestos%20Abatement%20Code%20of%20Practice%20NT%20and%20NU%20English.pdf
Cities in Nunavut and Northwest Territories served for Asbestos testing services. Best laboratory testing for home owner, contractor and construction workers needs.
- Iqaluit, Pangnirtung, Rankin Inlet, Arviat, Cambridge Bay, Baker lake, Kugluktuk, Pond Inlet
- yellowknife, inuvik, hay river, fort smith, fort simpson, norman wells