Concerned about asbestos? Please see the sidebar for information on sampling and submission.
Northwest Territories’ & Nunavut Codes of Practice in accordance with the Northwest Territories Safety Act and Occupational Health and Safety Regulations was published in September 2018.
The Codes of Practice include, but are not limited to:
- The classifications of asbestos
- Health effects associated with with exposure to asbestos
- Asbestos abatement methods
- Asbestos abatement procedures
- Asbestos analysis
- Proper personal protective equipment for a given scenario¹
For more information on Northwest Territories & Nunavut asbestos regulations, and to get a more comprehensive list of procedures, please visit Northwest Territories & Nunavut Legal Requirements.
¹Asbestos Abatement. Codes of Practice. Worker’s Safety and Compensation Commission (September 2018). https://www.wscc.nt.ca/sites/default/files/documents/Asbestos%20Abatement%20Code%20of%20Practice%20NT%20and%20NU%20English.pdf
Cities in Nunavut and Northwest Territories served for Asbestos testing services. Best laboratory testing for home owner, contractor and construction workers needs.
- Iqaluit, Pangnirtung, Rankin Inlet, Arviat, Cambridge Bay, Baker lake, Kugluktuk, Pond Inlet
- yellowknife, inuvik, hay river, fort smith, fort simpson, norman wells