Concerned about asbestos? Please see the sidebar for information on sampling and submission!
In Nova Scotia, under the Occupational Health and Safety Act, employers whose workplace may contain asbestos must take precautions. The contents of the guide include, but are not limited to:
- Asbestos Containing Material (ACM) is identified by an appropriate laboratory analytical method
- Assessment of ACM is done with representative number of bulk samples
- If ACM is in the workplace, and an immediate risk of exposure, there must be immediate action taken to prevent exposure
- Asbestos management plan
- Workers are provided with appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE).¹
For more information on Nova Scotia’s asbestos regulations, please visit Nova Scotia’s Legal Requirements.
¹Asbestos in the Workplace: A Guide to Assessment and Management of Asbestos in the Workplace. (2013) https://novascotia.ca/lae/healthandsafety/documents/ManagingAsbestosBuildings.pdf
Cities in Nova Scotia served for Asbestos testing services. Best laboratory testing for home owner, contractor and construction workers needs.
- Halifac, Cape Breton, Truro, New Glasgow, Glace Baym Sydney Mines, Kentville, Bridgewater, New Waterford, Yarmouth, Kingston, Enfeild, Windsor, Antigonish, Wolfville